A KiwiOz favourite close to our hearts, perfect for every social occasion.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup caster sugar (or ¾ cup of lightly packed soft brown sugar)
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Melt the butter in the syrup and water in a pan and once smooth, add the bicarb.
4. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix.
5. Scoop out a dessert spoon of mixture and roll into a ball.
6. Place the balls at least 5cm apart on a lined baking tray.
7. Flatten each ball slightly.
8. Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden.
9. Allow to cool slightly before lifting off tray.
Make sure you take a picture of your creations, and the kids enjoying them, and post on Instagram, tagging @kiwioznannies and @confidentkitchen with hashtag #kiwioz
About the Author
Want articles like this delivered to your inbox?
Share this article: