Simple Baked Falafel
A tasty little vegetarian treat, ideal for picnics or lunchboxes.
Ingredients - Makes 8
- 1 x can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- generous pinch of salt
- A small handful of coriander and parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed with a crusher
- olive oil, for brushing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
2. Mash everything in a mixing bowl together – use a potato masher or a fork, either way, it needs to be very well mashed!
3. Wet your hands before shaping the mixture into patties about the size of a ping pong ball, but flatter
4. Brush both sides with oil and line up on a baking sheet
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until brown around the edges
Great for lunch boxes, stuffed into pitta or with tzatziki.
Make sure you take a picture of your creation, and the kids enjoying it, and post on Instagram, tagging @kiwioznannies and @confidentkitchen with hashtag #kiwioz
About the Author
Want articles like this delivered to your inbox?
Share this article: